Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

First blog of 2011 - and it's only the 3rd! See? My (non) New Year's resolution is going well already :)

I had a doctor appointment last Tuesday. First (minor, hopefully) glitch in my pregnancy so far. I'm measuring 1cm too big for how far along I am. This is probably just because I'm having a big baby. I've expected to have a big baby really - Justin is 6' 4" after all and I weighed 8lbs 12oz when I was born. Plus, at the 20 week ultrasound he weighed 13oz, which is normal but it's on the big side of normal. However, measuring too big could also mean that I have too much amniotic fluid which is bad. Various things could cause too much fluid. My doctor didn't seem too concerned though, so, while I was very worried at first, I've decided to just calm down about the whole thing for now. Stress does no good for the baby anyway :) So we just have to wait until my next appointment to see how I'm measuring then, and then we will determine next steps. Happy thoughts and prayers are appreciated :)

We rang in the New Year pretty quietly at my house, as is the usual for two homebodies like us. The long weekend from work gave me time to get caught up on some things around the house. I almost have the entire craft room cleared out so that we can start on the baby's nursery! So wonderful to be making progress on that finally. I'll post pictures once we get it started of course, it's all very exciting!

Maybe the reason I blog so little is because when I write blogs closer together I don't feel like I have that much to say :) I'm sure that will all change when the little one arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment